Some Questions

happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Some Questions

Post by happydg »

Hello,

- I added Hide rotation parameter with rot_id='<!--THUMB_LINK--> in the subtemplate. Do i also need to do it this way http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=cus ... and_google too?

- Also you say: "If you'd like to change links like /gallery to let's say /video - edit rewrites and templates." How do i let google know i redirected from /gallery to /video since /gallery pages won't exist anymore?

- i have smartcj 1.51 beta 201403251547. Where is located rot_in.php. Can i delete it?

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Some Questions

Post by admin »

1. I'm not a seo expert, but I think It's worth it

2. I think you'd better read google docs about it

3. scj/cgi

why do you want to delete it ?
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Some Questions

Post by happydg »

I have a big drop in google. I was told to delete rot_in.php and delete all rotation parameters from main page.

I have <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS-->
<!--SCJ_INCLUDE-->.

Is it possible to do this and keep having rotation?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Some Questions

Post by admin »

Yes, you can read about it here

http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=update_51
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Some Questions

Post by happydg »

I don't speak russian what's the difference between:

<!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS-->
<!--SCJ_INCLUDE-->

and <!--SCJ_ROTIN-->

I already use:

<!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS-->
<!--SCJ_INCLUDE-->

Do they both use rot_in.php ?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Some Questions

Post by admin »

Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Some Questions

Post by happydg »

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Some Questions

Post by admin »

Do you see any disadvantages here ?
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Some Questions

Post by happydg »

http://www.domain.com/gallery/<!--GALLE ... index.html is the same url as linked on other pages.

Also is there a tag for domain name?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Some Questions

Post by admin »

$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply