Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Post Reply
kenhirai
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Post by kenhirai »

I have a master with 12000 galleries and I want to copy everything to a new domain. I backup the master but it only has 120 mb, I do think the images are not included in the gzip. How possible can I backup the contents too? thank u.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Post by admin »

You can copy images using dedicated tools like rsync for example.
It's way better.
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Post by tubeman »

You can just zip the entire thumbs folder, upload it into the thumbs folder onto new server and ask your host to unzip it.Worked fine for me.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Post by admin »

Good idea as well.
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply