proxy % and proxy discount

Post Reply
Fett
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

proxy % and proxy discount

Post by Fett »

Some of my trades send me crazy high % of proxy, around 50% and there is one even 117%. Its big trades.

By the way how it can be higher than 100% ???

What to do generally with this trades? I mean proxy traffic is not harmful, its normal surfers behind the same IP unfortunately (like wifi hotspots etc). But (default formula) does not oversend to these trades?

I set proxy discount and no javascript discount to 75%.

Is that a good practice?

I am new to SCJ.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by admin »

It was due to wrong division in admin area
Run update plz and it'll ok ok in 24 hours
Don't forget to run script update
Fett
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by Fett »

I will update thank you. Regarding proxy discount, what % do you recommend as good practice? And how about noJS discount? I am coming from te3 that cannot make a difference between normal and proxy traffic thats why I ask :-)
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by admin »

Usually people don't use this feature so sorry I don't have any stats.
Let's try any figures to start :)
Don't forget to run script update
Fett
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by Fett »

this proxy discount works with standard trade formula? sorry if stupid question, new to scj :-)

and what does it do, lower the return? I think I have some big trades that looks cheater because very high proxy %, so thats why I need to use proxy discount.

maybe he is faking traffic to get on top of my toplist....so proxy discount should settle that?

thanks
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by admin »

Did you run update ?
Don't forget to run script update
Fett
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by Fett »

I run update yesterday and by today the high proxy % lowered to a normal level

;)
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: proxy % and proxy discount

Post by admin »

Great )

discount lowers productivity => if you use productivity in your formula trader gets less priority => less traffic
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply