mass edit for title

Post Reply
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

mass edit for title

Post by erosmembers »

I see "Mass Edit" function that requires an URL to update.

Is it possible to edit title of all galleries or of a group of galleries?
I would like to replace e.g. an exclamation mark in title.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: mass edit for title

Post by admin »

I think that doesn't make any sense to have the same title for all galleries ..
You can do you right in DB thou ..
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: mass edit for title

Post by erosmembers »

I would like to replace only a single character like !
I do not want to have same titles.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: mass edit for title

Post by admin »

List thumbs - Massedit - Search and replace
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: mass edit for title

Post by erosmembers »

What do I have to set for e.g. Field "Alt text":
"Search for:" there I set "!"
Replace with: I want the old title without !
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: mass edit for title

Post by admin »

It's search and replace
There's no function just to add something.
if a string ends with let's say "asd." you can search for "asd." and replace it with "asd!"
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply