traders and redirect

Post Reply
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

traders and redirect

Post by erosmembers »

I am sending traffic to following SCJ url:
domain.com/?id=advertising.com&cid=123
with referer http://xyz.com/ads/in.php?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fabc.info
this visitor is redirectet to
/tag/teens/
with existing referer http://xyz.com/ads/in.php?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fabc.info
(this is done, because I set a rule for incoming traffic to redirect to /tag/teens/)

I added a trader "advertising.com"
option "Process Refs " is set to yes, as seperate feeders.

I have send 150 visitors to the url above, but the trader stats for advertising.com shows me only 3 raw in visitors. But Piwik shows me the 150 visitors. And I do not have any feeder entry for xyz.com

1) What I am doing wrong to get information about traffic sources?

2) Is it possible to setup, that the incoming traffic with ref option is used as new feeder too?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: traders and redirect

Post by admin »

Do you have SCJ_INCLUDE in content_search template ? (or whatever template you use for /tag/teens/ )
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: traders and redirect

Post by erosmembers »

yes, content_search is used.

<!--SCJ_INCLUDE_CURRENT_PAGE-->
<!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS-->
both is inluded

after
<body>
<div class="all">
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: traders and redirect

Post by admin »

ok, send admin area plz and where traffic comes from and to what url
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: traders and redirect

Post by erosmembers »

PM is sent
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: traders and redirect

Post by admin »

I believe it's the same topic

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92298
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: traders and redirect

Post by erosmembers »

Concerning redirect yes.
But the counting problem exists,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: traders and redirect

Post by admin »

Due to that redirect.
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: traders and redirect

Post by erosmembers »

But why is it not counted?

The traffic goes to your index.php and is then redirected from your index.php to /tag/teens/
Or am I wrong?

So your index.php gets the parameter.
Is it not processed, because redirect comes before?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: traders and redirect

Post by admin »

Yes, redirect might be to another internal page and hit will be counted twice.
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply