incoming traffic rule

Post Reply
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

incoming traffic rule

Post by erosmembers »

Can I use parameters in traffic rules?
e.g. HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE = en => redirect to http://domain/en/
Can I forward parameter lid too?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by admin »

If you need to redirect to language pages it's better to use rotation - settings

Auto redirect to existing language
automatically redirect to existing language
ie if you have italian translation and get a hit with 'it' in HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE
we will automatically redirect surfer to domain.com/it/.
Default rewrite is http://{DOMAIN}/{LANGUAGE}/{ORIGINAL_REQUEST}
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by erosmembers »

Language was only one example. I need a source id to forward too.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by admin »

What version do you use ?
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by erosmembers »

I hope the latest.
I did an update with 51 parameter.
(c) SmartCJ Pro V 1.51 Build 201603221213 (Lastest build: 201603221213)
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by admin »

Default /tag rewrite rule does not pass GET parameters
And you redirect this traffic using incoming redirect

RewriteRule ^tag/(.*)/$ /scj/tube/index.php?tag=$1

try to change to

RewriteRule ^tag/(.*)/$ /scj/tube/index.php?tag=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by erosmembers »

I think that this will not work.

I am sending traffic to
http://domain.com/?id=th.com&ta={domain ... ={campaign}

This is redirected with Incoming rule in SCJ to
http://domain.com/tag/teen/
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by admin »

Why don't you send right to

http://domain.com/tag/teen/?id=....


?
Don't forget to run script update
erosmembers
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by erosmembers »

The first test was sending traffic to startpage.
Now I would like to test different categories.

I used your incoming functions to modify the destination as simple as possible to test different categories.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: incoming traffic rule

Post by admin »

When you send hits to
http://domain/category/name/?id=asd.com

it doesn't count hits for asd.com because default rewrite rule does not pass those variables.

you should add &%{QUERY_STRING} at the end of RewriteRule ^category/...
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply