main settings

Post Reply
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

main settings

Post by rax »

How long does it take for scj to update when changes are made in rotation>settings>main settings?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: main settings

Post by admin »

It is saved in the DB right away.
On site - depends on your cache time from rotation - settings.
Don't forget to run script update
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: main settings

Post by rax »

Thx for the reply, I had figured out what wasn't causing my sites to update. I always forget I'm using redis as caching system. Changes in scj>settings took around 24hrs to update on site. Solution as you know is editing redis settings on this line

Code: Select all

$config['redis_database'] = 0;
to a different value makes the site update its cache instantly.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: main settings

Post by admin »

Yes, you can also check out rotation - special - clear cache
Don't forget to run script update
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: main settings

Post by rax »

I've seen that before but it has this warning so I never used it:
Clear ALL Cache
Note ! Never do this on site with high traffic
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: main settings

Post by admin »

Yes, basically changing redis db number does the same )
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply