out hits not tracking correctly

rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

out hits not tracking correctly

Post by rax »

A few days ago I changed a site of mine from using its own db to using an external db. Since then, out hits are showing an abnormal amount. Act ratio is now 1200% when its normally around 150-200%. What could be wrong that would make out hits track incorrectly like this?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by admin »

Did you try to click and make sure your clicks are not counted 2 times for example ?
Don't forget to run script update
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by rax »

How would I check to see how many times each click is counted?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by admin »

Well, you know how many clicks you do, right ?
Don't forget to run script update
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by rax »

How would I be able to tell if my clicks are from me or from other visitors on my website?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by admin »

add a trade lets say test.com

and open site as domain.com/?id=test.com

no one else can come to your site from real test.com
Don't forget to run script update
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by rax »

I tried your method. I clicked on 1 category thumb, and 1 thumb on the content list page. So 2 total clicks.

Stats show that test.com had 1 unique in, and 2 total clicks.
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by rax »

Do you want me to PM you so you can take a look?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by admin »

rax wrote:I tried your method. I clicked on 1 category thumb, and 1 thumb on the content list page. So 2 total clicks.

Stats show that test.com had 1 unique in, and 2 total clicks.

So it is correct, right ?
Or do you see any errors here ?
Don't forget to run script update
rax
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Post by rax »

With what you told me to do I don't see any errors.

But again, the issue I'm having is the out hits being counted way too high. ACT ratio is now 1800% for my trades.

Do you want me to PM you with login details so you can see for yourself?
Post Reply