Hide scj directory

Post Reply
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Hide scj directory

Post by happydg »

Hello,

I want to setup a new site ( not setup yet ). How to hide scj directory from google?

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Hide scj directory

Post by admin »

Let's start from "how does it find this folder" ?
I think that if you don't link to a folder somehow - google have to tools to find out that you have that folder.
What do you think?
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Hide scj directory

Post by happydg »

I'm not an expert. I was told to hide directory.

I also see the thread here but i don't speak russian: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=90969

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Hide scj directory

Post by admin »

Ok, i can advise you on how to do something as soon as you can explain what do you mean by "hide it"
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Hide scj directory

Post by happydg »

For example using "new" instead of "scj" folder?

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Hide scj directory

Post by admin »

Yes, you can rename folder.

Don't forget to change path in common.php, includes/config.php and .htaccess
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply