Ratings not displaying

Brett
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Ratings not displaying

Post by Brett »

I'm using the Rating +1\-1 like\dislike code from http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=new_rotation_hints

When I click +1 or -1 it says Thank you! but I can't get the rating to show. When I view the source in firefox it shows this in the code <?=(1.5 == 0) ? 'not rated' : round( (1.5 - 1) * 100 ) . '%'?> and not the rating. I must be missing something.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by admin »

Switch on 'short tags ' in php ini
Don't forget to run script update
Brett
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by Brett »

Thanks, that also fixed the date format not showing.
Brett
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by Brett »

How can I limit it to 100% max? Some show 400% for example. Should be between 1 and 100.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by admin »

I think you have rating 1-5 somewhere.
Don't forget to run script update
Brett
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by Brett »

I'm thinking it's showing high %'s because I imported everything from another site that uses the 5 star ratings.

I downloaded the mysql backup, emptied the rot_comments table, and uploaded it and loaded the backup. It's still showing the old ratings. Is there something else that needs to be done besides emptying the rot_comments table?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by admin »

Did you try to open a page w\o cache ?
Don't forget to run script update
Brett
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by Brett »

Yes I keep on deleting everything in the cache folder. I just noticed something. When I upload the modified database after emptying the rot_comments table, I click the load backup, but I don't think it's working. Because, after that if I create a new backup and download it, it has all the ratings in it again.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by admin »

Make sure you work with proper DB .. you can check those tables at server as well, it's a regular mysql dump actually
Don't forget to run script update
Brett
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Ratings not displaying

Post by Brett »

The database on the server which is listed in includes/congfig.php and the backup in the smartcj backup section both have the rot_comments table emptied. The videos that were imported from another site still have the ratings showing. I've deleted everything in the cache folder multiple times. What could the problem be?
Post Reply