Cast Priority

happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Cast Priority

Post by happydg »

Hello,

I have a site doing about 12k visitors daily. 120 thumbs are listed on the main page and 17% of test places on page.

I put cast priority to a gallery few hours ago, but has only 3 shows and i can't see it listed on the page with ?skip_cache=true.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Cast Priority

Post by admin »

May be it's not the only one with cast priority ?
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Cast Priority

Post by happydg »

I think it's the only one i put cast priority to yes. How can i check which galleries have cast priority?

I can't find any option in rotation - list thumbs
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Cast Priority

Post by admin »

Yeap, there's no such options there, the only way is to check DB
can you plz send mysql dump ?
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Cast Priority

Post by happydg »

PM sent.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Cast Priority

Post by admin »

I see.
Due to optimization of mysql queries script sorts by cast priority only when there's a group parameter

for example

http://yourdomain/scj/tube/?group_id=3&skip_cache=1
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Cast Priority

Post by happydg »

I want cast priority in the main page http://www.domain.com listing all galleries, how can i do it?

Also, i'm using tags instead of groups. Is it possible to have cast priority on all page, because if it needs group_id= i will have it on none of the pages.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Cast Priority

Post by admin »

Right now - no
I do not know how to optimize indexes for all queries and either it works fast for 'cast priority in group and no cast priority on main page' or 'it works slow at all pages'
I can give you queries if you know how to optimize them.
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Cast Priority

Post by happydg »

I'm only using one group id ( i use tags ) but when i try scj/tube/?group_id=3&tag=69&skip_cache=1 the cast priority gallery doesn't appear.

I really need this feature on all pages ( or at least on main page and tags pages ). Isn't there a way?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Cast Priority

Post by admin »

Right now - no.
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply