Memory Size , Sphinx

Post Reply
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by cloudgp »

Hi, I set up Sphinx and when I try to search for a word this is the message I´m getting:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 775304961 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/....2/scj/includes/libs/sphinxapi.php on line 634
Do you know what can be wrong?
Thx
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by admin »

Try to update script
if it doesn't work - send me access to server, i'll check it.
Don't forget to run script update
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by cloudgp »

Hi, sent you a PM
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by admin »

I PM i've got what we should have started from the very beginning

:failed to read searchd response (status=2613, ver=11825, len=775304960, read=64)
you have old version of sphinx (version 0.9 while actual is 2.0), there's big thread on sphinxsearch.com about this error, and it is not related to script.

Update your sphinx first

http://sphinxsearch.com/downloads/
Don't forget to run script update
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by cloudgp »

Hi I updated and set it but still getting the error: failed to read searchd response (status=2613, ver=11825, len=775304960, read=64)

I´m using port 3306 in both sphinx.conf and rotation settings..
Just noted that in sphinxapi the port is different, I tried all possible combinations but I don´t get this to run.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by admin »

3306 is mysql port
you should use 3312 or 9312
Don't forget to run script update
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by cloudgp »

Okay guess im getting close... now this is what is showing up and cannot make dissappear:
unknown local index 'scj_index' in search request
pls let me know, I already run searchd as well as indexer rotate
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Memory Size , Sphinx

Post by admin »

Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply