Search for Groups Names

Post Reply
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Search for Groups Names

Post by cloudgp »

Hi, when I search by group names as keywords, it doesn´t show up anything in search results, it works if I search for tags from the galleries for example, but I would like to get results if I look just for group names. How can I make that work? I´ve tried including "group meta keywords" but nothing shows up.
Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Search for Groups Names

Post by admin »

We don't have categories as text in gallery data.

You can add category as gallery tag and use it this way.
Don't forget to run script update
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Search for Groups Names

Post by cloudgp »

Hi, I´m trying to figure out how to make this work, but I´m not able, I added gallery tags however it doesn´t result anything in search when I look for words in Tag Gallery section. Search results are just working with gallery Description words, not with alt title, not with tags, just with description. I would need that search results also show results from gallery Tags.
What are the steps so I can activate that?
Thx
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Search for Groups Names

Post by admin »

you can search by /?tag=..

or you can use sphinx search

http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=new_rotation_sphinx

it searches in all fields.
Don't forget to run script update
cloudgp
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Search for Groups Names

Post by cloudgp »

sorry but how can I get the /?tag=.. ? which template should be modified or how can i get it?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Search for Groups Names

Post by admin »

Sorry i didnt get this question ..
you can link to domain/?tag= to search by tag
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply