Search results empty

Post Reply
DanS2
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Search results empty

Post by DanS2 »

Problem: on all slaves and master all search results are empty.

What did I do prior to the problem:
I had like 250k embeds in the database.
I deleted them, because they were all imported without url.
So I ran into problems with deleted videos.
These videos were imported manually using the import function.
The search was working fine with these videos.

All imported embeds now (started fresh, there are like 11k active embeds now) are being imported using sets. And none of them is showing up in any searches I do on the front site.

If I do searches in the admin, they seem to be good.



What is the problem here?
I am not using sphinx.
DanS2
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Search results empty

Post by DanS2 »

Ok, I think I found my problem.

I have setup the sets, so that the title is getting imported as Alt.
Now my videos all have the description "admin added" or "admin unexpectedly".

If I search on the sites for "admin", search results show up.

This is kindoff a low blow. Need to start all over again.
:o
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Search results empty

Post by admin »

You can also ask admin to copy all alts to descriptions
or use Sphinx search - it can search using all fields.
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply