Page 1 of 1

Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:25 pm
by kenhirai
I have a master with 12000 galleries and I want to copy everything to a new domain. I backup the master but it only has 120 mb, I do think the images are not included in the gzip. How possible can I backup the contents too? thank u.

Re: Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:44 pm
by admin
You can copy images using dedicated tools like rsync for example.
It's way better.

Re: Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:03 pm
by tubeman
You can just zip the entire thumbs folder, upload it into the thumbs folder onto new server and ask your host to unzip it.Worked fine for me.

Re: Copying the own database and contents to a new domain

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:41 am
by admin
Good idea as well.