Sending out far to little to trades - why?

bladex21
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by bladex21 »

Hi, we are using your great script on a lot of sites by now :)
I do not undertand some numbers in tradescript - can you help?

Clicks and hits out to trades dont match according to my calculations..

Total trades clicks = 11000
noref clicks = 21000
SE clicks = 22000
This gives total = 54000 clicks
with a skim of 60% I should send out 21600 hits to my trades.
I only send out 11800.
- any idea why? Or do I misunderstand something?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by admin »

For example if you have category thumbs at your index page - clicks at categories are also counted but it goes to category page with skimming 100%, so you real skimming (which you can see at trade screen BTW) will be higher.
Don't forget to run script update
bladex21
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by bladex21 »

we do not have category thumbs - so all clicks go out through skimmed thumbs or toplist.
Real skimming is 74.75 %.

So this still doesnt add up as I understand it?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by admin »

Ok, post skimming by trades plz
may be it's 60 for regular traders and 100 for noref for example.
Don't forget to run script update
bladex21
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by bladex21 »

I'm not sure what "skimming by trades" is.
All Sys. Traders (except mobile and spiders which are 100) are set to 101 - Default Skimming is set to 60.
We also have 41000 noref traffic on this site, which seems far to much with a grand total of 72000.

We are going to setup a lot more sites with this script, and would like to be sure its set up correctly, before proceeding. Would it be possible to send you url and login in PM and you could shave a look when you have time? Stats seems wrong to me..

Would be much appreciated :)
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by admin »

Yes

I guess that noref being 60% of all traffic is something .. wrong )

do you include any files from this domain in flash player ? did you check noref Ips ?
Don't forget to run script update
bladex21
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by bladex21 »

I will send you a pm later today.

I did not add any files in the flash player. I use x hamster vids. Embeded.

No-ref ips is from all the world. Looks good.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by admin »

You set 404 page to script.

Each browser requests favourite.ico and this way create a hit in script.

Do not point 404 pages to script.
Don't forget to run script update
bladex21
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by bladex21 »

Where do you see it calls favourite.ico ?

The 404 we will fixx.

Also my host says.


The 20 SmartCJ crontabs running every minute each, at the same time, are not good. I wonder if you could run these less often and staggered between 2 and 10 minutes each?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Sending out far to little to trades - why?

Post by admin »

I see it in any browser.

You didn't fix 404.

It's ok to run 20 crontabs each minutes, but it's also good to read

http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crontab
http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mysql_tunning
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply