403 Forbidden

Post Reply
Utter
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 pm

403 Forbidden

Post by Utter »

Hello,

after installing smartcj for the second time I'm still getting the same error. Looks like all files are installed in /scj/ folder, but when I try to open /admin/ I get 403 Forbidden error.

After checking my error log it says "[crit] (13)Permission denied: /home/myusername/public_html/mydomain/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable".

And thats right because even after new installation there is simply no .htaccess in root. Where should I get it from? Do I have to copy it from somewhere? I can't find anything in the docs.

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: 403 Forbidden

Post by admin »

99% It is not a script related error
You can put a static index.html file there and you'll get the same error.

I think the best way to deal with this error is to create that static file, ensure you get the same error and forward it to admin. This way he won't be able to say that it's a script's problem as this method clearly does not interact with the script in any way.
Don't forget to run script update
Utter
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: 403 Forbidden

Post by Utter »

you are right, it was a server problem. good idea with the static index.html. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: 403 Forbidden

Post by admin »

NP
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply