I have set
Count click on category thumb to trader's prod to NO on all sites.
Today, I added prefetches to some internal links, like:
<link rel="prefetch" href="/category/All/ctr/1/">
It looks to me, that if a page gets prefetched, it gets counted as URL click.
Is that the correct behavior?
I dont think that a click on the links that I prefetch would be counted as URL clicks for traders.
Click counting
Re: Click counting
My category links have the standard rewrites
Code: Select all
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.+)$
RewriteRule ^category/([^/]+)/$ /scj/cgi/out.php?link=images/%{QUERY_STRING}&url=content&p=100&skip_to_cookie=true&skip_sell=true&group_name=$1&order=ctr [L]
RewriteRule ^category/([^/]+)/$ /scj/tube/index.php?group_name=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^category/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/$ /scj/cgi/out.php?link=images/%{QUERY_STRING}&url=content&p=100&skip_to_cookie=true&skip_sell=true&group_name=$1&order=$2&page=$3 [L]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.+)$
RewriteRule ^category/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/$ /scj/cgi/out.php?link=images/%{QUERY_STRING}&url=content&p=100&skip_to_cookie=true&skip_sell=true&group_id=$1&order=$3&page=$4 [L]
RewriteRule ^category/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/$ /scj/tube/index.php?group_id=$1&order=$3&page=$4 [L]Re: Click counting
I don't think it counts prefetch as a click here
You you are sure it is and you double checked it - please, show me how to check it and i'll try
You you are sure it is and you double checked it - please, show me how to check it and i'll try
Don't forget to run script update
Re: Click counting
"And skim should be 0% to content the way it is set up. But I see alot of URL clicks."
I see default skimming 60 and synamic skimming 50 'in effect'
If you think that prefetch generates clicks you can remove it for 1 day and check the results
I see default skimming 60 and synamic skimming 50 'in effect'
If you think that prefetch generates clicks you can remove it for 1 day and check the results
Don't forget to run script update
Re: Click counting
No need to test it.
2015-06-25 14:35:01 : [Dynamic Skim] $traders_total[day][thishouro]/$traders_total[day][thishouru]*100 (57.3426573427) < 100 -> set skim to 0 (0)
Skim from dynamic skim is set to 0
And since I have setup the pre-fetching, skim to content is 84 %.
So I know that at least some pf the prefetches are counting as clicks.
2015-06-25 14:35:01 : [Dynamic Skim] $traders_total[day][thishouro]/$traders_total[day][thishouru]*100 (57.3426573427) < 100 -> set skim to 0 (0)
Skim from dynamic skim is set to 0
And since I have setup the pre-fetching, skim to content is 84 %.
So I know that at least some pf the prefetches are counting as clicks.
Re: Click counting
I mean, I dont need to remove the prefetching to test it.
I just added it.
And skim went tup from 20-30% to 85% with a lot of more clicks registered.
Total prod went up from 60-100% to 256%.
I know that these clicks are prefetch related, and not actual clicks.
I just added it.
And skim went tup from 20-30% to 85% with a lot of more clicks registered.
Total prod went up from 60-100% to 256%.
I know that these clicks are prefetch related, and not actual clicks.
Re: Click counting
I looked at dynamic skim 3 minutes ago - 50 is in effect
Anyway - remove all prefetches and we will see
Anyway - remove all prefetches and we will see
Don't forget to run script update
Re: Click counting
You have a lot of settings here, including dynamic skim
You can setup a new copy at any subdomain with default design and so on
then add prefetch , open a page and see if it counts
You can setup a new copy at any subdomain with default design and so on
then add prefetch , open a page and see if it counts
Don't forget to run script update







