How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Right now when I use redis for cache for my sites I use common cache for all my sites and store it in database 0, if for the cookies I store I want to store it in database 2 or 3 for example how do I do it ? That way if I flushdb on database 0 the data in redis for the cookies data will still get preserved right as its in a different database in redis? Please let me know how to do this.Thanks.

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

You can use different redis databases for each site, but not like 1 db for pages and another for cookie.
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:You can use different redis databases for each site, but not like 1 db for pages and another for cookie.
So then using common redis database cache for 50 sites to store cookies and pages is ok you mean but I cannot have common database cache for all sites pages and store the cookies for all sites in a separate database in the cache? Absolutely no way around this?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

100% no way to store cookies and pages in different redis dbs
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:100% no way to store cookies and pages in different redis dbs
If all sites use common database cache in redis is it still ok to use internal cache method for cookies?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

Yes
But you can use different DB for each site
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:Yes
But you can use different DB for each site
Incase I store cookies in common redis internal cache what are the exact consequences if I flushdb in redis? I don't flush db everyday just only when I get any kind of complain or DMCA for content.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

Cookies will be deleted
You still didn't show me that "cache cookie" doesn't work.
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:Cookies will be deleted
You still didn't show me that "cache cookie" doesn't work.
I will be trying the test later today. The problem that I face when I have to delete/ban a video page instantly from over 50 sites individually then first in each admin area I must set stats to ban/mark for deletion after that the fastest way for the page to show 404 status is flushdb in redis.Anyhow I will test today and then PM you with the URL's from different sites if it re-appears tomorrow.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

ok
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply