How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Is there any way to completely get rid of rot_in.php and also not use <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS--> and still make rotation happen on sites? If I use <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS--> I can see rot_in=1 in headers in cookies but after I remove <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS--> it doesn't show.Any way around this?

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

Use another cookie engine (cache for example) and you won't see cookies.
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:Use another cookie engine (cache for example) and you won't see cookies.
Hi,
The problem as I mentioned is that I use Redis as cache and sometimes I need too flushdb incase a video page is still in redis cache because of which it might not be good if I use the cookie engine To Store in local cache.I am testing MD5 on a couple of sites but still no success in recovering SE traffic.

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

Why do you flash db ?
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:Why do you flash db ?
Hi,
The problem is an old one and I posted thread regarding it long ago, whenever I need to delete video pages because of Complain, I delete from admin area of all sites but the page does not go away and is still stored in cache, only when I flushdb in redis those will become 404 instantly that's why often I need to flushdb, other than this there is no reason why I would flushdb.

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

Do you know what is recreate cookie ?
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:Do you know what is recreate cookie ?
You mean Set Cookie in Rotation Specials? I tried that and when I do this for many sites at a time then next day again those pages re-appear and its not got especially if that page needs to be deleted right away.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

Ok, show me how a pages "reappears" and we'd better fix that.
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by tubeman »

admin wrote:Ok, show me how a pages "reappears" and we'd better fix that.
We did go through this in:
http://www.smartcj.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 16#p121216

Anyhow I will delete a page from 5 sites today as a test, create cookie and if those pages re-appear again tomorrow will PM you with script details and URL to pages.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Post by admin »

ok
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply