Test positions end

happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Test positions end

Post by happydg »

I'm just guessing. But if a thumb which has been already tested would have 0 or very few clicks, it would not be at a high position.

A thumb need 500 views to get tested. So 0 clicks or 1 clicks for 500 views, the ctr isn't very good and the thumb wouldn't be on the main page.

Also i did a test. I put start = 25 end = 45 i checked a thumb listed at spot 50 with 0 clicks on the main page. I checked this thumb in "List thumbs" it has only 260 views and was "new".
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Test positions end

Post by happydg »

happydg wrote:I'm just guessing. But if a thumb which has been already tested would have 0 or very few clicks, it would not be at a high position.

A thumb need 500 views to get tested. So 0 clicks or 1 clicks for 500 views, the ctr isn't very good and the thumb wouldn't be on the main page.

Also i did a test. I put start = 25 end = 45 i checked a thumb listed at spot 50 with 0 clicks on the main page. I checked this thumb in "List thumbs" it has only 260 views and was "new".


Edit: The thumb is still new has 380 clicks and is at the spot 59 with 0 clicks.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Test positions end

Post by admin »

Do you open w\o cache ?
thumbs below that thumb has higher ctr ?
Don't forget to run script update
happydg
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: Test positions end

Post by happydg »

I tried to open without cache and thumbs below has higher ctr.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Test positions end

Post by admin »

Ok, PM admin plz , url and thumb ID that is not in place
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply