Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post Reply
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
What is the right way to switch back to file cache from redis?

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post by admin »

Remove redis strings from config file.
What's the reason ?
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Since the date I switched to redis SE traffic has been down on all my sites and I really can't figure out the sudden drop.I tuned mysql , initially upgraded to new version and during that period everything was ok.The day I switch to redis I noticed the drop, only 1 site which has database number 0 is fine, rest all the sites 1-6 are not doing well so I want to try to switch back to see if it helps.After I remove from config file do I need to empty cache?

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post by admin »

No, you don't need to do it.

Did you try to click at those sites ? was it ok ?
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Yes I clicked and also got other people to test and there's no problem in loading of pages, other than that a few mysql error in the logs which I posted to yesterday in The Bug reports section.So the only thing that caused this seems to be redis since I switched on 11th June and that's when the drop Happened.I can PM you one of my admin areas and you can see the drop also.

Regards,
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Switch Back to file cache from Redis

Post by admin »

Sorry i can test only technical issues, it's hard to check changes of productivity as it depends on trades, thumbs and so on

We can only test if you ершил that script does not count something or whatever technical issue that could be tested, logged and so on
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply