how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

kenhirai
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by kenhirai »

let say I have a new template for embed content and I want to add it to all 200+ sites in the network, how do I do?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by admin »

The only way i think of is running batch 200 strings like
mysql -e ....
Don't forget to run script update
kenhirai
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by kenhirai »

ok, can u tell me how to do it specificly?

let say my new template name is "hello"

how do I start?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by admin »

mysql -u... -p.... -e "update rot_pages set template='hello' where name= '......' " db_name
Don't forget to run script update
kenhirai
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by kenhirai »

do I do this in SSH or PHP admin?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by admin »

ops.. If i can judge by your question - you can not do it.
You'd better ask admin.
Don't forget to run script update
kenhirai
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by kenhirai »

Ok sure, I will just log in and do it individual, maybe consider it as a new addon for next update, webmaster nowadays need alot of sites to success, but syncing is a big part of the problem when handling a large network takes too much time.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by admin »

Yes, but i've seen noone using the same template at 200 sites.
Don't forget to run script update
kenhirai
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by kenhirai »

i have alot of sites in the same niche and all I do is to import all fhgs and make custom galleries, different template for different sponsor of course. now I have 30 templates and 97 sites. if I adding it each by each its gonna take crazy long. Is there a method I can use?
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?

Post by admin »

Any method to do what ?
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply