Is there a way to have differently sorted thumb blocks?

Post Reply
chymp
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Is there a way to have differently sorted thumb blocks?

Post by chymp »

I've looked through the docs but can't figure out how to sort different blocks of thumbs in different ways on the same page. For instance, if I wanted the top two rows of thumbs to be the most recent and then the rest of the thumbs be sorted by popularity.
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Is there a way to have differently sorted thumb blocks?

Post by admin »

<thumb order=ctr num=1-10></thumb>
<thumb order=date num=1-10></thumb>

I'll update docs ASAP
Don't forget to run script update
chymp
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Is there a way to have differently sorted thumb blocks?

Post by chymp »

Awesome, thanks!
chymp
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Is there a way to have differently sorted thumb blocks?

Post by chymp »

So this worked well but after I added it, my pages listing disappeared. The part of the docs that has to do with how my navigation is set up is in Russian, so I can't read it.

This is the code I have:
<navigation skip_href_deletion=true active_link_style=act_page link_style=not_act_page>
<a href="/category/<!--CATEGORY_NAME-->/<!--SORT_ORDER-->/<!--PAGE_NUM-->/" title="<!--PAGE_NUM-->"><!--PAGE_NUM--></a>
</navigation>
</div><!--/pages-->
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38004
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Is there a way to have differently sorted thumb blocks?

Post by admin »

If you use different block script can not calculate total amount of galleries

For example 1 block <thumb group=asd
and block 2 - <thumb group=qwe

and if we don't know total amount of galleries we can not build navigation.

There's a fix for it called 'main tag' in update 50, but it's still in beta version.

You can draw navigation by yourself using simple script like

for ($i = 1; $i < 10; $i++) echo $i; and so on
Don't forget to run script update
Post Reply