Page 1 of 1

grabber settings

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 pm
by diszk
Hello,

I see that you changed the grabber speed a bit. Now its grabber threads. The problem is that if I set the grabber speed to 0 before the update, that value is kept and even if I change the new "grabber threads" value to anything, the log shows grabber speed = 0 so skipping. But if I change grabber_per_minute in the database, everything ok.
So from now actual grabber speed = grabber_per_minute*gallery_grabber_threads?
if so, are there any ways to modify grabber_per_minute at the admin panel? thanks in advance!

Re: grabber settings

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:23 pm
by admin
grabber_per_minute doesn't make sense in most cases
There's no way to guarantee then we can grab this amount of galleries per minute.

So we i'd like to do is to run X thread and that's it.

actually grabber_per_minute shouldn't affect gabber in anyway

are you sure you see this issue? did you check twice?

Re: grabber settings

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 pm
by diszk
I just set back the grabber_per_minute to 0 at rot_settings and after that I saw this in the log file:
"2018-03-04 15:55 Grabber speed = 0, exit .. (0.0098981857299805, 0.0098981857299805)"
when I set back to 3 or so, this error is gone. There are nothing to grab actually, but I saw the same behavior earlier, I'll add a new import set some hours later and I'll test it again

Build 201803021530

Re: grabber settings

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:28 am
by admin
Ah, right, thank you.
Fixed in update.

Re: grabber settings

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 am
by diszk
Thanks! also I think the new way is more consistent as you said, so thanks for that. Also after I recovered the raid failure and started over everything, the lock table problem was gone (however there are only 100k galleries actually, I'll see when there will be 500k+), I don't know why, now there are slaves with own descs, there are some traffic and also I can grab new galleries so actually everything is smooth. Many thanks for everything!

Re: grabber settings

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm
by admin
Great, lets get back to it when you have problems there)