Page 1 of 1

master/slave question

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:37 pm
by rax
I'm having some problems getting new slaves to display content and I have a few questions.

When linking a new slave, how long of a wait until content (categories,thumbs, galleries etc...) is displayed on site?

Other than linking the db, what else should be done? I've updated script on both master/slave, cleared cache on both, cleared my browser cache/cookies, alternative hosts setting has master domain on both master/slave sites, and it still sometimes takes around 24-48 hours for new slaves to start showing content. I haven't been able to narrow down what gets it to finally start displaying content.

Re: master/slave question

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:39 am
by admin
Regular thumbs should be there right away, category thumbs takes some time to create.

What do you see at that slave now ?

Re: master/slave question

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:21 pm
by rax
This isn't a problem with any particular slave I'm creating right now, its an ongoing problem I have whenever I create a new slave.

As I said above, It sometimes takes 24-48 hours for new slaves to start showing content. Regular thumbs and category thumbs, nothing is displayed. Again all scrips updated several times, cleared cache several times. I tried option to manually recreate category thumbs, that doesn't work. Admin panel in slave under "thumbs" also has message "create groups first". Then after a day or 2 the new slave finally starts showing content. So I don't know what is finally making it work.

Re: master/slave question

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:43 am
by admin
I've never seen anything like that before
so next time you see it - contact me plz