Page 1 of 2

template question

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 pm
by rax
Can template variables be used in <thumb></thumb> templates? For example <!--CATEGORY_NAME-->, <!--MODEL_NAME-->, <!--SPONSOR_NAME-->, etc...

Re: template question

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:09 pm
by admin
Depends on situation
I think it's easier to try then to theorize )

Re: template question

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:35 pm
by rax
Yes I've tried and it doesn't work. That's why I'm asking.

For custom template for sponsors or models:

<thumb sponsor=<!--SPONSOR_SLUG--> num=1-100>

and url:

tcms/tube/?sponsor_slug=sponsor1&force_template=sponsor_page

This results in no thumbs being displayed.

I've tried <!--SPONSOR_SLUG--> <!--SPONSOR_SITE--> <!--SPONSOR_ID--> and none of them work.

Build 201704221907

Re: template question

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:17 am
by admin
tcms/tube/?sponsor_slug=sponsor1&force_template=sponsor_page

you actually don't have to specify that in tag caz tags inherit GET parameters

Re: template question

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:40 pm
by rax
Thank you. I didn't realize the sponsor= tag wasn't needed. It now works.

I do have an issue with navigation for custom template though. I notice the old rewrites for custom_galleries isn't in the default rewrites anymore. When I add it in manually it doesn't work. I get a "content not found" error.

Re: template question

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:10 pm
by admin
What rewrite doesnt work ?

Re: template question

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:25 pm
by rax

Code: Select all

RewriteRule ^sponsor_galleries/(.*)/(.*)/$ /tcms/tube/?sponsor_slug=$1&page=$2&force_template=sponsor_list [L]
The navigation doesn't work with this rewrite.

My template:

Code: Select all

			<navigation active_link_style=act_page link_style=not_act_page>
				<li><a href="/sponsor_galleries/<!--SPONSOR_SLUG-->/<!--PAGE_NUM-->/" title="<!--PAGE_NUM-->" style='<!--LINK_STYLE-->'><!--PAGE_NUM--></a></li>
			</navigation>

Re: template question

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:21 am
by admin
Doe it work w\o rewrite ?

Re: template question

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:44 pm
by rax
For some reason w/o the rewrite, the navigation isn't displaying whats in the sponsor_galleries template, rather whats in the category template. Possibly a bug?

Re: template question

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 pm
by admin
What url w\o rewrite and what exactly it does not display?