Page 1 of 1

incoming traffic rule

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:36 am
by erosmembers
Can I use parameters in traffic rules?
e.g. HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE = en => redirect to http://domain/en/
Can I forward parameter lid too?

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:27 am
by admin
If you need to redirect to language pages it's better to use rotation - settings

Auto redirect to existing language
automatically redirect to existing language
ie if you have italian translation and get a hit with 'it' in HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE
we will automatically redirect surfer to domain.com/it/.
Default rewrite is http://{DOMAIN}/{LANGUAGE}/{ORIGINAL_REQUEST}

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:37 am
by erosmembers
Language was only one example. I need a source id to forward too.

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 am
by admin
What version do you use ?

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:50 am
by erosmembers
I hope the latest.
I did an update with 51 parameter.
(c) SmartCJ Pro V 1.51 Build 201603221213 (Lastest build: 201603221213)

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:42 am
by admin
Default /tag rewrite rule does not pass GET parameters
And you redirect this traffic using incoming redirect

RewriteRule ^tag/(.*)/$ /scj/tube/index.php?tag=$1

try to change to

RewriteRule ^tag/(.*)/$ /scj/tube/index.php?tag=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 am
by erosmembers
I think that this will not work.

I am sending traffic to
http://domain.com/?id=th.com&ta={domain ... ={campaign}

This is redirected with Incoming rule in SCJ to
http://domain.com/tag/teen/

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:28 am
by admin
Why don't you send right to

http://domain.com/tag/teen/?id=....


?

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:49 am
by erosmembers
The first test was sending traffic to startpage.
Now I would like to test different categories.

I used your incoming functions to modify the destination as simple as possible to test different categories.

Re: incoming traffic rule

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:41 pm
by admin
When you send hits to
http://domain/category/name/?id=asd.com

it doesn't count hits for asd.com because default rewrite rule does not pass those variables.

you should add &%{QUERY_STRING} at the end of RewriteRule ^category/...