Page 1 of 1

traders and redirect

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:20 pm
by erosmembers
I am sending traffic to following SCJ url:
domain.com/?id=advertising.com&cid=123
with referer http://xyz.com/ads/in.php?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fabc.info
this visitor is redirectet to
/tag/teens/
with existing referer http://xyz.com/ads/in.php?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fabc.info
(this is done, because I set a rule for incoming traffic to redirect to /tag/teens/)

I added a trader "advertising.com"
option "Process Refs " is set to yes, as seperate feeders.

I have send 150 visitors to the url above, but the trader stats for advertising.com shows me only 3 raw in visitors. But Piwik shows me the 150 visitors. And I do not have any feeder entry for xyz.com

1) What I am doing wrong to get information about traffic sources?

2) Is it possible to setup, that the incoming traffic with ref option is used as new feeder too?

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:29 am
by admin
Do you have SCJ_INCLUDE in content_search template ? (or whatever template you use for /tag/teens/ )

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:57 am
by erosmembers
yes, content_search is used.

<!--SCJ_INCLUDE_CURRENT_PAGE-->
<!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS-->
both is inluded

after
<body>
<div class="all">

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:12 am
by admin
ok, send admin area plz and where traffic comes from and to what url

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:07 am
by erosmembers
PM is sent

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 am
by admin
I believe it's the same topic

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92298

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:48 am
by erosmembers
Concerning redirect yes.
But the counting problem exists,

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 am
by admin
Due to that redirect.

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:59 am
by erosmembers
But why is it not counted?

The traffic goes to your index.php and is then redirected from your index.php to /tag/teens/
Or am I wrong?

So your index.php gets the parameter.
Is it not processed, because redirect comes before?

Re: traders and redirect

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:51 pm
by admin
Yes, redirect might be to another internal page and hit will be counted twice.