Page 1 of 1

Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:17 pm
by alexscj
Hello,

when I enable nginx cache the traffic in is no longer counted properly.
The clicks seem to be counted fine though.

Is there a way to count traffic in properly while having nginx cache enabled?

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:11 pm
by alexscj
Maybe using javascript but not sure how.

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:21 am
by admin
You can disable nginx cache for this site for example ..

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:03 am
by alexscj
Good one :))

I asked because I need nginx cache enabled.

Can I somehow include the SCJ tracking in pages via javascript or something that is not cached by nginx ?

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:07 am
by admin
What's the point to cache those pages if Smartcj caches it ?

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:47 am
by alexscj
For some reason, the load drops significantly when enabling nginx cache. (using Redis)

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:58 am
by admin
Try w\o redis plz
I saw some issues with redis previously which were fixed by updating redis.

So if the load drops with a regular (file) cache - then there's a problem with redis.

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:29 pm
by alexscj
Basically I should switch to Couchbase (from Redis) ?

Re: Counting traffic properly while using nginx cache.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 pm
by admin
You can also try that.
What we need is to compare results.