Page 1 of 1

First steps after installation

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:37 pm
by total21
I just installed a script for the first time, and I want to use it for picture only tgp site (5 columns, 12 rows per section, 240 thumbs total on the site, lets say). I want to import galleries from xxx sponsors, and host it on the site, as internal pages, and not just link to them like through Smart Thumbs.

I want the design to be responsive, so the site will be showing anywhere between 1 to 5 columns, depending on the width of the screen. I would like to set it up first, add custom urls / titles, and possibly descriptions, and move onto traffic trading settings after that.

What would be the overall / general first steps that I would need to take? Like do this first, then go there and do this, you need this and that for this to work, and so on. It may take me some time to figure it out, but if somebody is familiar with the program, this can save me a lot of time (I've seen the program before and it was quite complicated, as far as the templating goes, so small and good hints like this would be a lot of help).

Thanks.

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 pm
by admin
I would say that those questions are too common.
I even don't know what to say ..

Like "I want the design to be responsive, "
"What would be the overall / general first steps that I would need to take? "

Well, you have to create a responsive design .. what else can be said here ?

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:01 pm
by admin
I mean could you please be more specific ?

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:27 pm
by total21
I read the manual and I am going over all sections of the Admin now, so I guess I have to figure it out. I would have another question without adding another topic. I would like to have thumbs and titles under every thumb. Thumbs would be connected to traffic trading with nofollow, and titles would always lead to internal galleries without any attribute (so this would be follow). Can something like this be done with the script? If not, is there any way to figure it out with some custom coding, or whatever would be needed for this?

240 thumbs on the index page, lets say
all pictures are connected to traffic trading, but they don't need to be traded, it would depend on the settings / skim (this would be dynamic / changeable)
all titles would lead to internal galleries (I want to have a site with internal galleries, 100%, not just links to fhg on sponsor sites)

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:28 pm
by admin
You have to edit templates to implement what you need.
There are some predefined templates you can go through.

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:35 pm
by total21
This is a little general, but can I selectively enable / disable traffic trading from every element on the site (like thumb, title, text link). Like lets say I have 100 thumbs, and I want to selectively trade traffic only from certain 38 of them, or only 38 certain text links, out of a hundred (as an example / theoretically).

I am thinking about working on something like DefineBabe.com / BabesAndStars.com type of site, and I would like to make sure this will be a good enough choice for a CMS.

Thanks.

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:57 pm
by total21
Can I set one of the custom made templates as index, or do I need to enter the code in the original index template, and replace it like that?

Another thing that I am wondering about - what is the best way to create model pages, like this:

domain.com/phoenix-marie
domain.com/sunny-leone
domain.com/sasha-grey

and so on...

And after this would be done, I would need to combine it with a php age verification page, something like this:

domain.com/phoenix-marie/enter.php

Where would I put the enter.php file, and do I need some rewrite rules for this?

# # #

Also, it looks like all these urls are "virtual" just like it was described in the manual of the script. Will all these urls be visible to search engine sites, and indexed? How does it work?

I mean, there is model_galleries template, and I can output all model galleries through that, but how does it "exist" if I don't add it to any of the templates that I display on the site (I only have header, index, and footer now - how do I "bring these model pages like /sunny-leone into existence", in this script?

On these model pages, I want to have things like Freeones.com bio info, like height, weight, enthnicity, and probably 10 other things like this (including their real Tweeter feed embedded, as an example). Will I be able to add all this to the script? I've seen that it is encoded (at least partially), so how would this work?

Re: First steps after installation

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 pm
by admin
There are too many questions for one topic, it's gonna be worthless.
Please, create a separate topic for each question.

For this topic let focus on the first question

"Can I set one of the custom made templates as index, or do I need to enter the code in the original index template, and replace it like that?"

You can do both, but it would be easier for you just to edit original index template.