Page 1 of 1

Redis Cache

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:02 am
by DanS2
Somehow I feel that something is not working as supposed.

I will give you an example:

http://www.hardsextacy.com/
if any one clicks on the category links here, the file should be built and cached.
I have set the cache time to 12 hours now.

For this example, I just clicked this link:
http://www.hardsextacy.com/category/167/Brazil/ctr/1/

for some reason, it took like over a minute to build this page before rendering in my browser.
If everything would work fine, this page should be now available for 12 hours without rebuilding.

However, if I click this link like 10 minutes later, the script is building it again (at least I think so, because it takes too long to render the page again).

I have configured smartcj with this to use redis:

$config['redis_host'] = '127.0.0.1';
$config['redis_port'] = '6379';
$config['redis_database'] = 0;
$config['redis_password'] = '';


Can there be any other issues? Like allocated memory for redis is to small, so it deletes files prematurely?

Re: Redis Cache

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:07 am
by DanS2
This is what I put into a ticket to my server admin.
Any pointers for him to verify that redis is working as supposed?
I am 100% sure that cache time is just a few minutes, and it is set to 12 hours.

Re: Redis Cache

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:10 am
by DanS2
Nevermind, actually the cache works fine.
Looks like I am overworking the database. :oops:

Re: Redis Cache

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 pm
by admin
Ok