Page 1 of 3

Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:28 am
by DanS2
Hi,

is it possible to have slaves linking to the embed pages of the master?

E.g.
I have a master database on mastersite.com
and embeds on mastersite.com/gallery/some-hot-video/index.html

Is there an easy way to have the gallery links on slavesite.com pointing to
mastersite.com/gallery/some-hot-video/index.html
and not to slavesite.com/gallery/some-hot-video/index.html

or would I have to export from mastersite.com?

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:07 pm
by admin
Sure
for example

a href="/scj/cgi/out.php?url=http://master_domain/gallery/<!--GALLERY_SLUG-->/index.html"

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:46 am
by DanS2
admin wrote:Sure
for example

a href="/scj/cgi/out.php?url=http://master_domain/gallery/<!--GALLERY_SLUG-->/index.html"
do I have to use ?<!--THUMB_LINK--> at the end?

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:21 pm
by admin
Yes like
a href="/scj/cgi/out.php?link=images/<--THUMB_LINK-->&url=http://master_domain/gallery/<!--GALLERY_SLUG-->/index.html"

you can use rewrites to make it shorter and more appalling

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:53 pm
by DanS2
Yes, I am using the rewrite method now. Works fine. Thank you.

Another question:
I have like 800 categories, but only 180 on index.
So I started with letter A to letter G.
How will categories from H to Z get a chance for index rotation?

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm
by admin
How do you output them ?
if it's 'by clicks' and you have rotation parameter there then it should rotate it

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:58 am
by DanS2
Yes by clicks.

<category order=clicks num=1-180 min_gallery_count=180 >

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:04 am
by admin
and they have more then 180 galleries ?
make sure you have all updates and if still doesn't work - PM admin area plz

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:16 pm
by DanS2
Nope, I just have 180 on the index.
But I dont see any other categories getting into the rotation, other than the A-G categories that have been there initially.


Also, my script is not using the best CTR thumbs as category thumbs, it seems to me that it is taking a random thumb from the category. It rarely is really the best thumb.
Settings in system thumbs is set to: First thumb in category.

I am running Build 201501121623 which should be the latest.

Re: Master/slave embedded videos

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 pm
by admin
Yes
Did you PM'ed admin area ?