Page 1 of 2

out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 am
by rax
A few days ago I changed a site of mine from using its own db to using an external db. Since then, out hits are showing an abnormal amount. Act ratio is now 1200% when its normally around 150-200%. What could be wrong that would make out hits track incorrectly like this?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:51 am
by admin
Did you try to click and make sure your clicks are not counted 2 times for example ?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:24 pm
by rax
How would I check to see how many times each click is counted?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:32 pm
by admin
Well, you know how many clicks you do, right ?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:36 pm
by rax
How would I be able to tell if my clicks are from me or from other visitors on my website?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 pm
by admin
add a trade lets say test.com

and open site as domain.com/?id=test.com

no one else can come to your site from real test.com

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:52 pm
by rax
I tried your method. I clicked on 1 category thumb, and 1 thumb on the content list page. So 2 total clicks.

Stats show that test.com had 1 unique in, and 2 total clicks.

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:24 pm
by rax
Do you want me to PM you so you can take a look?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:26 pm
by admin
rax wrote:I tried your method. I clicked on 1 category thumb, and 1 thumb on the content list page. So 2 total clicks.

Stats show that test.com had 1 unique in, and 2 total clicks.

So it is correct, right ?
Or do you see any errors here ?

Re: out hits not tracking correctly

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 pm
by rax
With what you told me to do I don't see any errors.

But again, the issue I'm having is the out hits being counted way too high. ACT ratio is now 1800% for my trades.

Do you want me to PM you with login details so you can see for yourself?