Page 1 of 2

How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 pm
by tubeman
Hi,
Is there any way to completely get rid of rot_in.php and also not use <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS--> and still make rotation happen on sites? If I use <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS--> I can see rot_in=1 in headers in cookies but after I remove <!--SCJ_COUNT_VIEWS--> it doesn't show.Any way around this?

Regards,

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:57 pm
by admin
Use another cookie engine (cache for example) and you won't see cookies.

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13 pm
by tubeman
admin wrote:Use another cookie engine (cache for example) and you won't see cookies.
Hi,
The problem as I mentioned is that I use Redis as cache and sometimes I need too flushdb incase a video page is still in redis cache because of which it might not be good if I use the cookie engine To Store in local cache.I am testing MD5 on a couple of sites but still no success in recovering SE traffic.

Regards,

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:15 pm
by admin
Why do you flash db ?

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm
by tubeman
admin wrote:Why do you flash db ?
Hi,
The problem is an old one and I posted thread regarding it long ago, whenever I need to delete video pages because of Complain, I delete from admin area of all sites but the page does not go away and is still stored in cache, only when I flushdb in redis those will become 404 instantly that's why often I need to flushdb, other than this there is no reason why I would flushdb.

Regards,

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:23 pm
by admin
Do you know what is recreate cookie ?

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:26 pm
by tubeman
admin wrote:Do you know what is recreate cookie ?
You mean Set Cookie in Rotation Specials? I tried that and when I do this for many sites at a time then next day again those pages re-appear and its not got especially if that page needs to be deleted right away.

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:27 pm
by admin
Ok, show me how a pages "reappears" and we'd better fix that.

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:35 pm
by tubeman
admin wrote:Ok, show me how a pages "reappears" and we'd better fix that.
We did go through this in:
http://www.smartcj.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 16#p121216

Anyhow I will delete a page from 5 sites today as a test, create cookie and if those pages re-appear again tomorrow will PM you with script details and URL to pages.

Re: How To Completely Get Rid Of Rot_in

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 pm
by admin
ok