How to Tune Nginx For High Traffic Server
Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:22 pm
Hi,
I got Nginx as front end and Apache on backend as per your advice, mysql has been tuned. I have about 40 sites on the server and when traffic is at peak hour the server gets alot of timeouts and my admin wants to know whats the best configuration for Nginx while running SCJ sites in such situations.
Here is what he said when the problem occurred:
"It appears that nginx is not closing cconnections it makes to apache, which causes all apache connections to get used and then nginx is not able to serve up the pages correctly."
Apache max connection limit = 2000
Nginx = 800
What settings would you recommend.Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards,
I got Nginx as front end and Apache on backend as per your advice, mysql has been tuned. I have about 40 sites on the server and when traffic is at peak hour the server gets alot of timeouts and my admin wants to know whats the best configuration for Nginx while running SCJ sites in such situations.
Here is what he said when the problem occurred:
"It appears that nginx is not closing cconnections it makes to apache, which causes all apache connections to get used and then nginx is not able to serve up the pages correctly."
Apache max connection limit = 2000
Nginx = 800
What settings would you recommend.Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards,