Page 1 of 2

Cast Priority

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 pm
by happydg
Hello,

I have a site doing about 12k visitors daily. 120 thumbs are listed on the main page and 17% of test places on page.

I put cast priority to a gallery few hours ago, but has only 3 shows and i can't see it listed on the page with ?skip_cache=true.

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:21 pm
by admin
May be it's not the only one with cast priority ?

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 pm
by happydg
I think it's the only one i put cast priority to yes. How can i check which galleries have cast priority?

I can't find any option in rotation - list thumbs

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:32 pm
by admin
Yeap, there's no such options there, the only way is to check DB
can you plz send mysql dump ?

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:20 pm
by happydg
PM sent.

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 am
by admin
I see.
Due to optimization of mysql queries script sorts by cast priority only when there's a group parameter

for example

http://yourdomain/scj/tube/?group_id=3&skip_cache=1

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:17 am
by happydg
I want cast priority in the main page http://www.domain.com listing all galleries, how can i do it?

Also, i'm using tags instead of groups. Is it possible to have cast priority on all page, because if it needs group_id= i will have it on none of the pages.

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:30 am
by admin
Right now - no
I do not know how to optimize indexes for all queries and either it works fast for 'cast priority in group and no cast priority on main page' or 'it works slow at all pages'
I can give you queries if you know how to optimize them.

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:53 pm
by happydg
I'm only using one group id ( i use tags ) but when i try scj/tube/?group_id=3&tag=69&skip_cache=1 the cast priority gallery doesn't appear.

I really need this feature on all pages ( or at least on main page and tags pages ). Isn't there a way?

Re: Cast Priority

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 pm
by admin
Right now - no.