Page 1 of 4

Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am
by tubeman
Hi,
I had to delete a few videos as I had a complain on it and it was urgent.I went in the admin
area and set the status to banned for those video pages.But when I loaded the URL it was still in
there and did not go for 12 hours.I cleaned my own cache, tested from multiple computers but the pages just refuse to vanish.Then I checked the cache folder but it didn't have many files.After that
I had to use Redis client and flush the dbs only after that did the pages return 404 status.I even tried setting a cookie in admin area but still after 3-4 hours page would again turn up.How do I get pages deleted instantly while using Redis? Please let me know as its very troublesome to always flush the db in cases of emergency.

Regards,

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:56 am
by admin
so a page was active even you set cache cookie ?
ok, show me please what i have to do to repeat this issue.

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:12 am
by tubeman
Hi,
The URL below I have set status to banned for example in admin area, if you set cookie it will vanish
but as soon as cookie is removed or expired page turns up again after sometime.

URL:
http://www.freedesisex.net/gallery/sex- ... index.html

Also is it safe to flushdb in redis as when I did this those pages showed 404 status. I have pmed you admin area access also.Please test and let me know.Thanks.

Regards,

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:19 pm
by admin
ok
http://www.freedesisex.net/gallery/sex- ... index.html

gives 404
how much we have to wait for it to appear again ?

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:29 pm
by tubeman
I will check it and if it reappears I will message again.Did you set a cookie or do anything cause yesterday another page did not give 404 for almost 12 hours.

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:31 pm
by admin
I set a cookie and opened that page.

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:35 pm
by tubeman
I just checked and page re-appeared.Please check.

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:50 pm
by admin
http://www.freedesisex.net/gallery/sex- ... index.html

this one ?

404 for me

show me headers plz.

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:57 pm
by admin
May be you have some caching before script ?
at nignx for example

Re: Problem Deleting Pages While Using Redis Cache

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:05 pm
by tubeman
Just few minutes ago the page appeared now again its showing 404.As soon as it re-appears again will paste the header info.Same thing was happening yesterday when I used to set cookie it used to appear then after sometime 404 then again appear.