Page 1 of 2

How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:47 pm
by SpyCam
Hello,
what is the best and easy method (eating least server sesources) to add a HTML code into just one or a few specific category pages?

I have 1k categories and I want to add one hard link into let's say "Cartoon" category page, just to 1st page ranked by CTR.

What would be your suggestions?

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm
by admin
Check $_GET parameters, it's fast.

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 pm
by SpyCam
If my page looks like this:
http://www.lazymike.com/popular/cartoon ... 82x1464449

There is nothing to $_GET from it.
What would you suggest in this case?

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 am
by admin
There is nothing to $_GET from it.
what do you mean ?

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:53 am
by SpyCam
I mean I don't have ?group_name=cartoon so I can't use $_GET['group_name'] = 'cartoon'; as my URL is http://www.lazymike.com/popular/cartoon ... 82x1464449

What do you suggest?

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 am
by SpyCam
I thought about using this, but not sure if it is server resources friendly

Code: Select all

<?php
$url = 'http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
if (false !== strpos($url,'popular/cartoon/1.html')) {
include("./file.html");
}
?>

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm
by admin
SpyCam wrote:I mean I don't have ?group_name=cartoon so I can't use $_GET['group_name'] = 'cartoon'; as my URL is http://www.lazymike.com/popular/cartoon ... 82x1464449

What do you suggest?
I suggest you to add something like

print_r($_GET);

and find out that you actually have $_GET parameters.

Yes, php code is friendly.

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:16 am
by SpyCam
OK, this code also works:

Code: Select all

<?php
if ($_GET['group_name'] = 'cartoon') {
include("./file.html");
}
?>
But it works for all pages under cartoon category, and i want just 1st page ranked by CTR.
Do I need more if conditions to add or it is better/faster to use just strpos like I already use?

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 am
by admin
check $_GET['page']

Re: How to include HTML into special category pages only

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:18 am
by SpyCam

Code: Select all

<?php
if ($_GET['group_name'] = 'cartoon' && $_GET['order'] = 'ctr' && $_GET['page'] = '1') {
include("./file.html");
}
?>
this code doesn't work like I want :(