Page 1 of 2
how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 am
by kenhirai
let say I have a new template for embed content and I want to add it to all 200+ sites in the network, how do I do?
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 pm
by admin
The only way i think of is running batch 200 strings like
mysql -e ....
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 pm
by kenhirai
ok, can u tell me how to do it specificly?
let say my new template name is "hello"
how do I start?
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm
by admin
mysql -u... -p.... -e "update rot_pages set template='hello' where name= '......' " db_name
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:56 pm
by kenhirai
do I do this in SSH or PHP admin?
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm
by admin
ops.. If i can judge by your question - you can not do it.
You'd better ask admin.
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:41 pm
by kenhirai
Ok sure, I will just log in and do it individual, maybe consider it as a new addon for next update, webmaster nowadays need alot of sites to success, but syncing is a big part of the problem when handling a large network takes too much time.
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:48 pm
by admin
Yes, but i've seen noone using the same template at 200 sites.
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 am
by kenhirai
i have alot of sites in the same niche and all I do is to import all fhgs and make custom galleries, different template for different sponsor of course. now I have 30 templates and 97 sites. if I adding it each by each its gonna take crazy long. Is there a method I can use?
Re: how to add new template to 200+ sites in a network?
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm
by admin
Any method to do what ?