Page 1 of 2
Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm
by Gradwank
I have special GROUP of thumbs only displayed on one page, called explicitly in HTACCESS for that page (..../index.php?group_name=SpecialGroup). I do not want group in rotation on other pages, though.
Is there a way to accomplish this? Perhaps setting images in SpecialGroup to some other status that keeps them out of rotation but allows them to be displayed when called directly by htaccess/url?
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:01 pm
by admin
With version 50 you can use
<thumb ... skip_group=groupname></thumb>
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm
by Gradwank
I am in 1.49.
What if I were to put thumbs to "pool" or to "old" - would that keep them out of a general rotation on other pages, but if i had a page where i called the group specifically they would still display?
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm
by admin
What if I were to put thumbs to "pool" or to "old" - would that keep them out of a general rotation on other pages, but if i had a page where i called the group specifically they would still display?
No
It will display active only.
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:14 pm
by Gradwank
when will 50 be available?
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm
by admin
Beta version is already available.
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 pm
by Gradwank
Here is another way ... if i can reset their CTR to 0 regularly they will be at bottom of list for sort on these pages, which means not visible, which will do the trick.
I see stats in rot_gallery_stats, rot_gallery_stats1, etc ....
Which of these tables should I find the thumb ID number and reset total_ctr column to 0.0000 in ?
Then i will write simple PHP script and set to cron job. What do you think?
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:20 pm
by admin
Guess it will work but sounds mm... strange
_stats = master
_stats1 = first slave
and so on
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:47 pm
by Gradwank
I dont suppose there is way in htaccess rule to not count clicks on a thumb?
RewriteRule ^gallery/(.*)/(.*)/index.html$ /scj/tube/index.php?content_id=$2 [L]
modifying this rule, is there some parameter that i could pass that would make the click not counted in rotation calcs?
Re: Exclude a group
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 am
by admin
Clicks are counted only if they go thru out.php
In this case they are not.