Page 1 of 1

Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm
by tubeman
Hi,
I wanted to know how I can display galleries by sponser, suppose i have 3 sponsers whose
names are sppics,spmovies and spembed and I want to display a block of 40 thumbs only from sppics
and the next block of 40 thumbs I want to only from spmovies and the last block of 40 thumbs
only from spembed, would this be the correct code to use:

<div class="bg_box">

<ul class="thumbs">

<thumb sponsor=sppics num=1-40></thumb>

</ul> <!--/thumbs-->
</div> <!--/bg_box-->

<div class="bg_box">

<ul class="thumbs">

<thumb sponsor=spmovies num=41-80></thumb>

</ul> <!--/thumbs-->
</div> <!--/bg_box-->

<div class="bg_box">

<ul class="thumbs">

<thumb sponsor=spembed num=81-120></thumb>

</ul> <!--/thumbs-->
</div> <!--/bg_box-->

Basically whats happening now is that all thumbs are mixed across the page and I want each block
to display galleries only from a sponser that is specified.Could you please tell me what is
the right way to achieve this.Appreciate the help.

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm
by admin
<thumb sponsor=sppics num=1-40></thumb>

<thumb sponsor=spmovies num=41-80></thumb>

if you want to see thumbs 41-80 of sponsor "spmovies" - that's correct.
But I think you need galleries 1-40 for each sponsor.

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm
by tubeman
Hi,
When I put this code:

<thumb sponsor=sppics num=1-40></thumb>

<thumb sponsor=spmovies num=1-40></thumb>

in both blocks it is showing same content of sponsor sppics.Any idea why this is happening and why it don't show 40 thumbs from spmovies in second block? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm
by tubeman
Actually in both blocks it is mixed galleries from sponsers sppics and spmovies.Each block should show only galleries from the sponser mentioned.Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:40 pm
by admin
What update and build version do you have ?

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:13 pm
by tubeman
Hi,
Using SmartCJ Pro V 1.49 Build 201210311753.

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm
by admin
I'm not really sure if sponsor parameter was in version 49

So

1. run update, open page w\o cache, see if everything's ok
2. try parameter sponsor_id instead of sponsor

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 pm
by tubeman
Hi,
Many thanks for your reply.Yes with the sponsor_id parameter it worked fine.If I want to show a navigation based on the sponsor id would it be possible? For categories the code below displays the navigation of pages.

<navigation skip_href_deletion=false active_link_style=act_page link_style=not_act_page>
<li><a href="/category/<!--CATEGORY_NAME-->/<!--SORT_ORDER-->/<!--PAGE_NUM-->/" title="<!--PAGE_NUM-->" target="_self"><!--PAGE_NUM--></a></li>
</navigation>

Was wondering if the same is possible just based on the sponsor id so it generates a navigation based on the galleries present within the sponsor.Really appreciate the help.Thanks.

Re: Thumbs display by sponsers question

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 pm
by admin
Yes

example /?sponsor_id=...&force_template=content_list

You can also try /sponsor_galleries/sposnor_slug/1/ if you have default rewrites