Empty Search Log

tubeman

Empty Search Log

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Is there anyway to empty search logs as I do not see this option and manually deleting search in admin area is time consuming.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
admin
Site Admin

Re: Empty Search Log

Post by admin »

Hi, no as far as I see
I'll add it

meantime you can truncate table rot_search_queries
Don't forget to run script update
tubeman

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Thanks, let me know when you add it. If possible try to add select all and sort feature also.
tubeman

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
Suppose user search for query "xxxyss" using searchbox on my site and I do not want to pass it to search log in admin area, is there anyway to prevent what users search from being displayed in search log and on site? If I add to common.php this:

$_GET['skip_search_log'] = true;

Then that search will not display in search log in admin area but it will still show on site. Only what I manually add to search log in admin area should show on site. Any idea how to do this?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

"$_GET['skip_search_log'] = true;

Then that search will not display in search log in admin area but it will still show on site. "

Do you mean that a user still sees search results?
tubeman

Post by tubeman »

Yes, do you think it could be because of page cache?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

no

skip_search_log = do not LOG and it's not the same as "do no LOG and do not SHOW results"

so basically what you want is a limited "search list"
I guess what you actually need is to exclude some search queries with banned words?
tubeman

Post by tubeman »

Hi,
There are 2 ways a search log builds up,
1.) One is whatever query users are searching for on the site, they input in search box and that gets stored into search log database and shows on site.
2.) If admin manually ads search queries in admin area they show on site.

What I actually need is only 2.), basically whatever queries users are searching for on the site I do not want them to display on site, only what I add in admin area those queries should show on site. Anyway to achieve this?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right now in a simple way - no
I can add that but for the feature to make sense I need to understand why you need that

so why don't you want users to perform searches on a site? while your are ok with that limited searches

if you have lets say "best video" search query , what's wrong with lets say "top videos" ?
tubeman

Post by tubeman »

Hi, I get thousands of queries from users everyday and many that make no sense at all for example "assshffd", "iwantppp", including many many bad words and I do not want to show these bad results. Now if I manually sit and delete these queries it takes a longtime to scan through 50k+ queries.

Now lets say if I have "best video" that's fine, but I do not see anything right with "best cat".