Delete low-CTR thumbs more advanced version

SpyCam

Delete low-CTR thumbs more advanced version

Post by SpyCam »

My database of videos is more than 1 million and i'm worrying about it getting too big.
I thought of deleting some low CTR videos and thought that i can't just delete them because it can hurt the site structure. And here popped the idea that Smart Scripts guys implemented per my request many years ago...

Yes, there are some low CTR videos that will get deleted if I used "Delete low-CTR thumbs" feature now, but it means, that videos from like 1/3 models and videos of categories that do not have much videos in them will be deleted this way and then the content on the site will suffer from that.

The advanced functionality I'm suggesting to add to this "Delete low-CTR thumbs" feature is the following: to add one more setting field where we could enter a number. This number would mean that if a video with low CTR belongs to model or to category that has less than X items in total (X = the number that we'll enter to that setting field extra field) it will not be deleted even if it has low CTR.
So low CTR videos will be only deleted from categories and models that have a lot of videos in them, but they won't be deleted from rare/small niche categories and models.

If it is not easy to understand, ask, I will try to explain it more.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Delete low-CTR thumbs more advanced version

Post by admin »

The same gallery could belong to more then 1 model\category and algorithm isn't really straight forward. It could be too complicated for most of users. You can order this as a separate script. Actually anyone can do that, i'll explain DB fields if necessary.
Don't forget to run script update
SpyCam

Re: Delete low-CTR thumbs more advanced version

Post by SpyCam »

Hello,
please explain the DB fields as I'm about to get the custom script written for that matter.

Also, what do I do with the thumbs of the videos that will get deleted from the database by third party script? Should this script delete thumbs as well or SCJ deletes thumbs some way, the ones that do not have mathing info in DB?