encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later

alexscj

encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later

Post by alexscj »

Hello,

I've moved a site from server to server, all existing files and db, updated config.php, common.php etc. New server PHP 7.3, old server PHP 5.3.

Now getting 500 error across the site on the new server:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  The file /../index.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later.
Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0
Is there anyway to update etc. without installing TCMS from scratch on the new server ?

It would save a lot of time, I have a lot of sites to migrate.
alexscj

Re: encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later

Post by alexscj »

Thinking of taking an /admin/update.php from a PHP 7.1+ site and run it at the problematic site :D
admin
Site Admin

Re: encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later

Post by admin »

Don't forget to run script update
alexscj

Post by alexscj »

Surprisingly it worked :D Thanks!

I'll leave the command to rsync php files only for others:

rsync -avh --include '*/' --include '*.php' --exclude '*' source_path destination_path

Note 1: Save (& restore after the rsync) config.php & common.php from existing install or they'll be overwritten.

Note 2: Above command will not copy over the required files /includes/libs/geoip.inc and /includes/libs/geoipcity.inc. For these 2, copy manually or modify rsync parameters to include .inc files:

rsync -avh --include '*/' --include '*.php' --include '*.inc' --exclude '*' source_path destination_path

Note 3: source_path must include TCMS directory, destination_path must be the directory one level above TCMS directory.
Last edited by alexscj on Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you! I'll add it into the wiki )
alexscj

Post by alexscj »

Updated the info above for the required .inc files.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

yeap , thank you!