Site with big db

happydg

Site with big db

Post by happydg »

Hello,

I would like to run a tube like nudevista.com with a dozen millions of videos and 10 thumbs each.

The problem with smartcj if you have millions of galleries is the database weight a lot of gigabytes and even big servers can't handle it.

I want to add 10 thumbs per gallery ( just for mouseover like nudevista.com ) but don't want to have stats for those 10 thumbs, just the main thumb.

Could you please add an option to only have stats for 1 main thumb even if i import 10 thumbs per gallery?

So the database would be 10 times smaller.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Site with big db

Post by admin »

Ok, here's what we can do if you don't want to add any extra info into the DB

1. update script

2. when import - add all extra thumbs into the field called 'User thumbs'

3. when gallery_grabber.php processes those galleries it will grab all extra thumbs and save it into the folder called /user_thumbs/gallery_id/..
so if grabber settings - PATH to data = /home/user/domain.com/thumbs/ - then those user thumbs will be saved as (for example)
/home/user/domain.com/thumbs/user_thumbs/123/456/1.jpg /home/user/domain.com/thumbs/user_thumbs/123/456/2.jpg and so on

4. in your template you can get a path to the folder as <!--USER_THUMBS_FOLDER-->

Note, that as we don't have any info about those thumbs in DB - we don't know how many thumbs there are, so you basically have 2 options

1. add 10 thumbs exactly for each gallery and then in your JS thumb rotation script roll thru 10 thumbs for each gallery
or
2. in your JS thumb rotation script preload rotation thumbs to detect how many you actually have

Anyway, as you wanted it - script saves those thumbs and adds no additional info into the DB.

Please, lemme know if you have any issues w it.
Don't forget to run script update
happydg

Post by happydg »

Hello,

I Added for example:

Custom Var|thumb|URL|Desc|Tags|Model|User thumbs

But when i check in the thumbs folder there is no user_thumbs folder. The gallery is active and the main thumb is added though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

send me admin area and an import string plz, i'll check it
happydg

Post by happydg »

Pm sent.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't see it ..
happydg

Post by happydg »

I resent it.
happydg

Post by happydg »

The problem with this solution is there must be two columns with thumbs: thumb|userthumbs

All the big csv provided by tubes like xhamster only have one column with all thumbs. And edit a 4gb csv file is really complicated.

An option to add first thumb as main thumb and also all thumbs ( including first thumb ) as user thumbs would be easier.

Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, fixed
now you can add as

URL|user thumbs

How Many Thumbs from each gallery ? = X

and script will take X thumbs from user_thumbs
happydg

Post by happydg »

I updated to latest version but it doesn't seem to work correctly if i Don't add a thumb column.

If i add only a user thumbs column, it creates the user thumbs but not the "stats thumb".

I did put 1 as How Many Thumbs from each gallery