Any way to temporarily deactivate thumbs?

chymp

Any way to temporarily deactivate thumbs?

Post by chymp »

It seems like there should be a way to make it so thumbs are active on a page only for a certain period of time before going inactive temporarily so the same thumbs are not always at the top. My site is always showing the same thumbs on the front page.

Thumbs are counting shows and clicks so everything seems to be working fine as far as that goes.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Any way to temporarily deactivate thumbs?

Post by admin »

Are you talking about thumb rotation ?
best thumbs should be at the top I guess.
Don't forget to run script update
chymp

Post by chymp »

Of course the best thumbs should be at the top, but I don't want the same thumbs to ALWAYS be at the top. I want to give other thumbs a chance as well and I don't want return surfers to always see the same thumbs otherwise they will just leave. I'd like to give thumbs a 2-3 day break break after a few days so people see new thumbs. Is there a way to do this?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, you can deactivate some thumbs and activate them later, but there's no way to do it automatically.
chymp

Post by chymp »

OK. So it's normal to have the same thumbs always be at the top of your site? That seems odd to me due to the fact that surfers will leave if they see the same thumbs every time they visit the site.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's sorted by CTR so when when some other thumbs get better CTR - those thumbs will be located higher.
Anyway you can output thumbs sorted by date.