Moving servers, upgrading, problems...

chymp

Moving servers, upgrading, problems...

Post by chymp »

I'm in the process of moving a site from an old server that was on php 5.3 to one using php 5.69. The site was version 1.49 and was working fine on the 5.3 server. On the 5.6 server, however, it was giving errors. On gallery pages it would show this:

mysql_connect(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /sitepath/scj/includes/db_modules/mysql.php on line 11

I attempted to upgrade and I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function linked_sites() in /sitepath/scj/admin/update.php(65) : eval()'d code on line 1826

The site had errors on the homepage and the gallery pages. No models pages at all, nor was model info being pulled into the pages.

I did another update, hoping a move to v51 would help, but it has not. Now there is no model info anywhere and I see this at the top of all gallery pages:
Notice: Undefined index: cookie_engine in /sitepath/scj/cgi/out.php on line 0 Notice: Undefined index: mobile_ua in /sitepath/scj/cgi/out.php on line 0 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /sitepath/scj/cgi/out.php on line 0 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /sitepath/scj/cgi/out.php on line 0 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sitepath/scj/cgi/out.php:0) in /sitepath/scj/includes/libs/cookie.php on line 0 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /sitepath/scj/cgi/out.php:0) in /sitepath/scj/includes/libs/cookie.php on line 0

Not sure what to do> i've tried moving everything over, checked permissions, and it happened exactly the same way again. Tried skip_cache=true and clearing out php errors. The models info gets wiped whenever I try to update for whatever reason and it won't work with 1.49 on the new server apparently.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Moving servers, upgrading, problems...

Post by admin »

Wow, that's an old version for sure )

I hope you still the old server or at least full backup.

There are 2 options:

1. Smart one

- install the new version http://smartcj.com/wiki/doku.php?id=tcms_install
- export everything from 1.49 and import into the new one
- it takes some time but it worth it

2. trying to fix it

- create a backup on the old server
- run updates one by one at the old server like
php update.php 49
php update.php 50
php update.php 51

check for errors, do not process to the next update untill prev in successfully finished
Don't forget to run script update
chymp

Post by chymp »

Thank you very much. I will attempt a full install later today. I do have the old server and backups as well.
chymp

Post by chymp »

Just so I'm sure, can I simply run the install in the root directory on the new server even if all of the old scj files are present or should I delete everything, or some of the files?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you can, you need another DB thou
Don't forget to run script update